Frontrunners Grow as the Business Grows
In my experience, it’ s easier to conceal bad leadership when an organization isn’ to growing. However , the more growth that occurs the more bad leadership gets to be apparent. Therefore , leaders must grow as the corporation grows.
As a chief for the last several years, I’ ve learned my leadership is stretched most when we are growing the fastest. In these seasons, I am personally challenged as much as the business. My ability to continue to lead well is called into question.
Being an organization grows:
- People ask tougher questions.
- More decisions have to be made quickly.
- Time is stretched and it is harder to find healthy rhythms.
- Current systems need enhancing.
- A lot more people are needed to the actual work – and they are often hard to find.
- Leadership growth becomes more important.
- Effective abordnung and management is necessary.
- Resources are stretched.
- Communication could be messy.
- Tensions are higher.
Here’ s the bottom line.
As an organization increases leaders must equally grow.
This can be a sobering word for commanders. But leadership is a sobering reality. Leaders must understand that ongoing to grow an organization generally requires a leader to continually grow.
Join Nate (or Chandler) and I for the Ron Edmondson Leadership Podcast. And subscribe now, so you will not miss the next a single.
The particular post Leaders Develop as the Organization Expands appeared first on Ron Edmondson.