Top Ten Best-Selling Bible Snel Compared to Ten Years Back (2021 Update)
If there is a single term that can capture the sales of Scriptures translations, it is “stability. ” The most recent information I have is through the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association as of 06 2021. The figures in the parentheses symbolize the rankings this year. Obviously, some of these Bibles are paraphrases instead of translations.
Ratings as of June 2021 (numbers in parentheses are 2011 rankings).
- Brand new International Version (NIV) (1)
- King James Version (KJV) (2)
- Brand new Living Translation (NLT) (4)
- British Standard Version (ESV) (5)
- Brand new King James Version (NKJV) (3)
- Christian Standard Bible (CSB) (6)
- Reina Valera (RV) (not ranked)
- New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) (9)
- The Message (Message) (8)
- Nueva Version International (NVI)(not ranked)
Observations and Notes:
- Two Spanish Bibles are now in the top ten. Neither was ranked ten years ago.
- The New American Standard Bible (NASB) is not any longer in the top ten. In 2011 it was ranked 7; in 2020 it absolutely was ranked 10.
- The TNIV was discontinued in 2011. It was ranked 10 that year.
- Technically the CSB was the HCSB (Lifeway) in 2011.
- The biggest drop was the NASB, from 7 in 2011 to out from the top ten in 2021. The second biggest drop was the NKJV, from 3 to 5.
- The biggest gain was the RV, from unranked to 7. The other translations that gained in the rankings were the NLT, the ESV, the NIrV, and the NVI.
The post Top Ten Best-Selling Bible Translations Compared to Ten Years Ago (2021 Update) appeared first on Church Answers.